On a day when you’re the centrepiece, it’s important to make sure that your makeup can stand the test of time. Whether their makeup will last the day is one of the biggest client concerns I hear! After all,your makeup has so many conditions to contend with; the weather, humidity of the dance floor, sentimental tears and lots of congratulatory kisses to name just a few. So the question is what can you do to get the most out of your bridal makeup?
Here are a few top tricks that you could incorporate into your makeup routine to make sure your makeup really is timeless on the day:
1. Make your skincare your focus for at least two months before the bells chime! Consistency here is the key. Find products that work for you and routinely use them; morning and night. Cleanse, tone, invest in a serum and moisturise. Alongside this, up your water intake. Hydrated skin makes a better canvas for your makeup. It’ll help your makeup last longerand you’ll cut down the amount of foundation you’ll need to use on the day.
2. Humidity and hitting the dancefloor can lead to your eyeshadow creasing. To stop this from happening use a cream eyeshadow base. It acts like a primer for your eyeshadow and gives the powder something to stick to. They’re commonly available from most brands, they come in a range of colours and can be applied easily with your finger.
3. Lock in your lip colour with lip liner to keep it where it should be. Take it across the whole of your lip before applying your lipstick to give your colour longevity. After you’ve applied your lipstick, be sure to blot any excess away as a slightly matte lip has more staying power. And importantly is less likely to bleed or transfer onto your new husband or your guests!
4. Liquid makeup needs setting, so make sure you have a powder to hand. Compact powders are great for your big day, because you can cheekily get your groom to carry it in his inside jacket pocket. Perfect for your pictures together as you can quickly give your makeup the once over, check for shine and carry on without a hitch.
5. Always finish with a setting spray. It’s not only great at adding to your makeups longevity, it’s a fantastic product to have to hand throughout the day. Some contain wonderful ingredients to calm your skin, and they’re refreshing. Not only do they add hydration back into your makeup to keep it looking its best, they can be a great pick-me-up for you too.
Other than being a polished version of yourself, longevity in your makeup is the main objective on the big day. It’s totally do-able. Layer up slowly and set at every stage and it’ll see you into the small hours.
Image Credits -
Kayleigh Pope Photography . Nellie Photography Timothy James Pratt Joshua Bissell ATD photography
If you would like to discuss your wedding make up ideas with me contact me via email@example.com
Looking for inspiration for your wedding day? Visit one of our 2018 wedding shows, and see, bespoke, creative, stylish and unique wedding suppliers on hand to help you plan your day your way.
See Helena Shakespeare Make Up Artist and other bespoke wedding suppliers at our Inspired Brides Worcester Wedding Fair At The Old Palace on Sunday 4th February 11.00-3.00pm
Sarah Humphreys | Creative wedding magazine editor & wedding fair organiser. Showcasing beautiful venues & wedding specialists.